Website Ulysses Philomathic Library
The Ulysses Philomathic Library (UPL), located in Trumansburg, New York, is seeking a dynamic and innovative leader who is forward-thinking and values transformative library experiences, is committed to shared decision-making, and will inspire and empower a creative, dedicated, and enthusiastic staff. UPL seeks a visionary who plays an active role in the community and advocates for library services and programming for this small but diverse community.
● The director is responsible for the operation of the Trumansburg library, its programs and services and supervises staff and volunteers.
● The director prepares annual budgets, oversees record keeping, and reports regularly to the Board of Trustees. The director also prepares and monitors funding requests for public and private grants.
● Under the direction of the Trustees, the director ensures that the operations of the library conform with policies established by the Trustees and the New York State Library.
● The Director will oversee the facilities, building maintenance and capital projects as needed, with Trustee oversight.
● Bachelor’s Degree minimum, Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science and two years of successful public library leadership experience preferred.
● Applicant should have excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in developing effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, UPL Trustees, local schools and the general public, as well as experience with public outreach and serving as a spokesperson.
● Applicants should have up-to-date knowledge of information technologies and their application in public library settings.
Please submit Cover letter, Application and Resume to Cynthia Mannino, Search Committee Chair, at [email protected] Full job description and application available at https://trumansburglibrary.org/UPL/about/careers/
Deadline to apply: July 17, 2021. Applications will be considered as they are received.
The Ulysses Philomathic Library is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer.
To apply for this job please visit trumansburglibrary.org.