Website The City College of New York, CUNY
Digital Scholarship Services (DSS) in the Cohen Library at the City College works with faculty and staff to manage and publish digital assets for preservation, access, and dissemination. DSS provides support in the areas of CUNY’s institutional repository, Open Educational Resources (OER), Digital Asset Management and Digital Exhibits.
The DSS Assistant position provides technical and designing support in creating the digital exhibits with the materials submitted by CCNY faculty and staff. Reporting to the Digital Collections Librarian, this position works closely with the DSS staff and internal clients to conceptualize and implement digital exhibition websites using the open source Omeka platform.
– Assists the DSS staff in building digital exhibit websites (Omeka)
– Provides technical input and works closely with the DSS staff and internal clients to plan, design and implement Omeka sites based on individual design needs
– Maintain, update, and troubleshoot for existing digital exhibit websites
– Communicates with third-party vendors’ support to resolve technical issues
– Assists in maintaining and improving the discovery, usage, and preservation of digital assets
– Designs digital and printed materials such as brochures, event materials, PowerPoint slides, and other marketing collateral
– Performs related duties as assigned
– Successful completion of some college coursework in Computer Graphics, Graphic Design or Computer Programing; AAS or BS preferred
– Working experience in web development on digital exhibits platform, preferably Omeka
– Proficiency in designing software, such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign
– Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills; Ability to work collaboratively and independently
– Excellent written, oral, analytical, and problem-solving skills
– Proficiency in JSTOR Forum and/or other digital asset/information management systems, and experience with platforms that manage and provide access to digital content, such as Artstor are a plus
– Must have good working ethics and excellent customer service skills
– Have a passion for graphic design and brand campaigns
Please email a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] Please include DSS Assistant Application in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org