Website SUNY Maritime College
The Systems and Learning Technologies Librarian will work collaboratively with others to identify, develop, deploy, and manage new and existing technologies to support library services, teaching and learning, research and creative endeavors. This position will require innovation, creativity and a willingness to problem solve.
Maritime College is committed to further strengthening its inclusive campus community, one that comprises diverse faculty, students and staff. Maritime College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the campus.
- Maintain the integrated library management system (Alma), discovery tool (Primo) and electronic resource access, troubleshoot issues that may arise with these tools and provide library systems support to library colleagues
- Serve as administrator for subscribed Springshare products
- Coordinates the implementation and maintenance of new library software, electronic resources and upgrades
- Work collaboratively with others within the library and across campus on systems-related, technology-related, and digitally-based services and projects
- Manage the evolving slate of library technology service operations
- Engage faculty and students to explore new technologies around which the Library may build research and learning support services
- Participate in the collaborative library-wide effort to extend technology learning support to students and faculty across the curriculum through resource development, training and communication
- Responsible for all facets and complexities of the Electronic Resources life-cycle
- Work closely with the Content Management Librarian to identify new e-resources, and evaluate & assess collections for content, discoverability and ease of access
- Communicate changes in content and platforms to library faculty and staff in a timely and effective manner
- Generate and maintain customized reports for library systems and learning technologies
- Participate in library instruction, including creation of research guides in collaboration with fellow librarians, teaches general library research classes to undergraduate and graduate students and develops customized supplementary materials/tools as needed for instruction sessions Trains staff and student workers as necessary
- Provide general and specialized reference service in person and virtually
- Serve as a subject liaison for developing resources and collections
- Participate in professional service and research activities in support of promotion and tenure requirements
- Serve on college and library committees, participates in local, regional, and national associations, and engages in scholarly activity required for promotion and tenure
- Additional duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit maritime.interviewexchange.com.