SUNY Maritime College
– Serves as the primary contact within the Library for learning and research support.
– Cultivates and sustains collaborative relationships with faculty, students, and staff in support of campus teaching, learning, research and student success.
– Helps scholars use common information literacy tools and methods through instruction and training on library resources, research techniques and methodologies.
– Provides consultation for student research projects.
– Assists with inter-library lending and borrowing.
– Develops and implements a robust information literacy program based on institution learning outcomes and industry best practices.
– Coordinates and teaches general library research classes to undergraduate and graduate students and develops customized supplementary materials/tools as needed for instruction sessions.
– Manages and assess information literacy instruction.
– Responsible for the creation of research guides in collaboration with fellow librarians.
– Participates in outreach and promotion events and maintain the library’s presence on campus, including but not limited to the Library Lecture Series, Book Club.
– Partners with faculty, researchers, partners, and vendors, to plan creative, effective and innovative workshops.
– Curate exhibits that highlight library resources, celebrate diversity and promote retention.
– Initiates, builds, and nurtures relationships within the library, campus, and external communities to develop and implement library services based on student needs current standards and best practices.
– With the library team, ensure efficient daily operations, quality outcomes, and user satisfaction.
– Trains staff and student workers as necessary.
– Provides general and specialized reference service in person and electronically.
– Serves as a subject liaison for developing resources and collections.
– Participates in professional service and research activities in support of promotion and tenure requirements.
– Serves on college and library committees, participates in local, regional, and national associations, and engages in scholarly activity required for promotion and tenure.
– Master’s degree in information and/or library science from an ALA-accredited school or an ALA- approved foreign equivalent
– Ability to gather, analyze, and report data
– Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
– Excellent communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
– Ability to work independently and perform complicated tasks with minimal supervision
– Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing assignments and needs
– Strong customer service ethic
– Demonstrated organizational and problem solving ability
– Knowledge of current and emerging trends in academic librarianship
– Evidence of successful collaboration
– Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
– Experience in an academic or research library
– Demonstrated success in instruction development and delivery
– Experience with assessment of instruction
– Experience developing learning outcomes
To apply for this job please visit maritime.interviewexchange.com.