Website Purchase College Library
Purchase College seeks an energetic and innovative Assessment Librarian to help develop and coordinate the implementation of a comprehensive and strategic assessment program within the Purchase College Library. This tenure track, faculty position oversees and participates in assessment efforts throughout the Library; collects, analyzes, and documents a wide range of data; and contributes to a data-driven approach to achieving strategic objectives. The Assessment Librarian supports on-going data analysis and reporting needs and provides training and consultation on evaluation, data, and reporting tools and techniques. The work of the Assessment Librarian and the engagement of library staff will enable the Purchase College Library to document its value and impact, make evidence-based decisions and ensure that the most effective programs, services, and spaces are offered to users. The Assessment Librarian will pursue professional development opportunities, including research, scholarship, and professional service activities in order to meet College-wide criteria for tenure and promotion.
Description of Primary Responsibilities:
• In collaboration with library staff, promotes the integration of assessment and evidence-based decision making related to services, collections, technology, and physical spaces.
• Develops cross-departmental quantitative and qualitative user and research studies and actively participates in and supports assessment-focused data collection, analysis, and dissemination.
• Analyzes and reports quantitative and qualitative data gathered from various sources such as library systems, vendor statistics, observations, surveys, web analytics, interviews, and focus groups and facilitates the use of this data to support strategic planning.
• Provides consultation to support library staff and units as they gather, process, analyze, manage, and report data related to library resources and services, including guidance on conducting unit assessments and the most suitable qualitative and quantitative methods.
• Teaches introductory and advanced information literacy research sessions
• Provides reference service, including reference desk shifts and monitoring chat and text services
• Participates in collection development and serves as a liaison librarian to academic boards of study (departments) in keeping with the candidate’s academic background and interests
• Develops and maintains online instructional tools such as subject guides and tutorials
Instructions to Candidate:
To apply for the position, please visit our Purchase College Job Vacancy website at the Purchase College Job Vacancy website and complete an online application.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.purchase.edu.