Website New Jersey Institute of Technology
The Robert W. Van Houten Library at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) seeks a dynamic, highly motivated and detail-oriented part-time Archivist. Under the general direction of the Digital Projects Librarian, the incumbent will complete the inventory of the archives and special collections. The incumbent will assemble, catalog, develop access guidelines and record keeping while ensuring archival processing meets nationally accepted standards. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications to perform the essential functions. The work schedule is 15-20 hours per week.
1. Perform an inventory, analyze, arrange and describe archival collections in accordance with accepted standards and practices.
2. Develop procedures and tracking systems for preserving and providing public access to the collections.
3. Process and catalog archival materials and collections including but not limited to documents and ephemera.
4. Create documentation to sustain management and maintenance of the archival collections.
5. Train and direct archives volunteers, interns and student assistants as needed.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Library/Archival studies or related fields; or an equivalent combination of education or experience and two (2) years of relevant archival experience.
2. Able to make independent decisions and apply good judgment to ensure accuracy of collections.
3. Must have knowledge of best practices and archival standards.
4. Have familiarity and experience with appropriate, current computer programs and technology to perform the assigned work.
5. Experience in archival digitization technologies and digital assets management.
6. Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
7. Able to perform physical duties including lifting or moving objects up to 50 pounds and adjusting to varied light conditions and temperature.
1. Experience working in an academic library environment.
2. Experience working with Alma and Primo library management system, Digital Commons repository, etc.
3. Knowledge of current standards in libraries, archival databases, systems and software.
4. ALA accredited master’s degree in MLS or archival studies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org