Website Molloy College
The James E. Tobin (JET) Library at Molloy College is seeking an energetic, service-oriented and collaborative professional to be the technology lead for its electronic/digital resource and access teams. The ideal candidate will assume webmaster responsibilities over the library’s website and open source installations as well as have experience in usability testing and accessibility standards. The JET Library is small and as such, professional staff wear many hats, however, it is also a relatively nimble environment for those who prefer to work in an atmosphere that offers a high level of autonomy.
Position Rank: Associate Librarian
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Acts in the capacity of the library’s technology lead and webmaster within a CMS environment
· Continuously monitors and improves the library website’s architecture and integration of web-based services into institutional systems
· Serves as the primary point of contact for investigating and resolving web-based problems
· Oversees the implementation of consistent web accessibility/ADA standards
· Manages interface customizations of commercial products e.g., Ex Libris, Springshare as well as open source applications e.g., VuFind, CORAL
· Applies new and existing web tools geared towards improving the library’s online platforms and interfaces
· Leads and/or participates in processes for usability testing, analytics analysis and assessment of the library’s virtual space
· Performs other duties as assigned, e.g., reference shifts, library instruction, liaison duties and committee work
· Master’s Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school required; second Masters or demonstrated equivalent in a relevant field e.g., computer science or information systems
· A minimum of five years of experience within a library setting
· Strong proficiency and trouble-shooting capabilities with web based technologies
· Experience with measuring and monitoring how users interact with the library’s digital environment via google analytics and other metrics tools
· Advanced bibliographic searching skills, including extensive knowledge of academic databases, ejournal and ebook platforms
· Demonstrated ability of working with a diverse patron population
· Able to work effectively and creatively within a rapidly changing library and college environment
· Ability to function both as a team member and a team leader
· Strong project management skills
· Sense of humor required
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Experience with API’s and how they integrate into various library products e.g., libapps, LMS, digital repositories, discovery systems etc.
· Experience supporting web applications utilizing the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), as well version control tools such as GIT
· Experience with Voyager ILS, Summon, SerialsSolutions, ILLiad, ARES, Springshare products (e.g., LibGuides, LibCal) and Canvas
· Experience in AngularJS, Bootstrap and responsive web design
· A minimum of three years of experience in an academic environment
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
Office of Human Resources, Molloy College
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.molloy.edu.