Website New York University, Institute of Fine Arts Library
● Serves as a liaison to the Institute’s faculty, students, and visiting scholars with responsibilities for delivering programs designed to improve the total user experience, provide research support and library instruction, and ensure optimal accessibility of resources and services.
● Collaborates with faculty concerning future academic directions and works to change user services that may impact how the library supports the Institute.
● Contributes to the planning and implementation of the library’s collection development policy in all formats and addresses issues such as: material selection and acquisition, collection maintenance and weeding strategy, and planning for new collections or collection areas.
● Responsible for statistical reports, assessment and other data compilation, and special projects as needed.
● Manages the Institute of Fine Arts Library when the Head is absent.
● Participates in professional activities and maintains current knowledge of developments and trends in the field of art history and academic librarianship through system-wide committees and professional organizations outside the University.
● MLS from an ALA-accredited program and MA in Art History or a closely related field.
● Minimum of three years’ experience in library instruction, collection development, or public services.
● Knowledge of integrated library systems, library applications, and other information technologies.
● Proven computer skills and knowledge, including proficiency using applications such as Microsoft Office, plus a high level of comfort working with technology and troubleshooting initiative.
● Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively, and to communicate with diplomacy and tact.
● Strong oral, written, and organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to attend to detail.
● Reading knowledge of at least one foreign language.
Assistant Dean for Human Resources
70 Washington Sq S, 1117
New York, NY 10012