LAC Group seeks candidates for a full-time Library Assistant role, specializing in law firm libraries. The main focus of the position will be to provide library assistance and basic research support for the New York office of two prestigious law firms. This position is full-time, providing services at 2 different firms in NYC and offers a competitive salary, flexible schedule and full benefits.
- Maintain Library collection by sorting, shelving and organizing books and newsletters, and filing pocket parts and supplements and loose-leaf sets;
- Check-in and route materials using library catalog;
- Process orders for new materials;
- Perform document and case pulls and handle basic research requests;
- Assist with invoice processing and make sure all bills are handled in a timely manner;
- Perform clerical tasks such as catalog data entry and generate reports;
- Respond to general information requests and assist in locating books and publications;
- Assist with interlibrary loans;
- Orders supplies for the Library department when needed;
- Perform related tasks as assigned and participates in special projects as necessary.
- BA/BS Degree; MLS/MLIS is preferred;
- Minimum two years of library experience performing required duties, experience in a Law Firm library is required;
- Experience handling basic research requests, document and case pulls;
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Client-focused service orientation;
To apply for this job please visit www.libgig.com.