Website American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
What will you do as a Photo Collection Intern?
• Add to our online database the following photo collections:
o Community life, education and health services provided to Moroccan Jews from the 1950s-70s
o Post-WWII Jewish refugees living in Displaced Persons Camps in Austria and Germany
o Youth and elderly care programs in 1960’s Israel.
o Assorted collections of JDC activities in Jewish communities of Bulgaria, Hungary, India, and many others
• Prepare unprocessed images documenting JDC activities in 20 countries (1940’s-70’s) with emphases on Israel, France, Germany and Iran for digitization and preservation.
• Create metadata and integrate new photographs into cataloguing system
• Conduct online research and fact-checking to enrich descriptive data for photographs
• Detail oriented
• Basic knowledge of photographic history
• Familiarity with database procedures is recommended
• Proficiency in Word and Excel required
• Prior completion of at least one semester of graduate work in archival, museum, library studies, or art history preferred
• Passion for humanitarian work and/or global Jewish service strongly preferred
To apply for this job please visit Please see link for more information and on how to apply..