Hofstra University -- School of Law
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Access and Collection Services, the Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Management Librarian has primary responsibility for acquiring all print and electronic resources; renewal of serials and databases; payment and tracking of invoices; maintaining acquisitions data and records; harvesting and analyzing electronic resources usage statistics; and vendor interaction.
The Acquisitions Librarian coordinates with the Assistant Director to monitor the acquisitions budget; troubleshoot electronic resources access problems; batch upload/delete MARC record updates; manage the Law School’s digital repository on bepress; assist users in accessing library resources at the Circulation desk; perform other responsibilities as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the library; and continue intellectual and professional growth through involvement in professional associations relevant to the demands of the position and fostering strong working relationships with colleagues in other academic law libraries.
The Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Management Librarian is part of the Access & Collections Services team and works with the Assistant Director to coordinate five Access & Collection Services staff and works collaboratively with all library team members in carrying out the long and short term objectives and goals of the library and the Law School.
This is an onsite position; work for this role is performed on campus.
The usual schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. This position is currently working 4 days on alternating weeks.
• A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or Knowledge Management from an ALA accredited school or foreign equivalent
• Two years of experience in academic or law related libraries
• Working knowledge of integrated library systems as used by technical services and collection management units, including statistical and fund maintenance, proxy servers, reporting functions, and the structure and management of online catalogs
• Knowledge of OCLC
• Adept in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and other standard business and academic applications
• An aptitude for and interest in project planning and management, as well as excellent organizational, time-management, and analytical skills
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and collaboratively, within a collegial environment
• A strong work ethic and commitment to excellent service
• Ability to engage in the pursuit of excellence with a spirit of kindness and collaboration
• Knowledge of standard and emerging cataloging principles and metadata schemes
• Experience with Innovative Interfaces Millennium or Sierra, including experience with batch importing of catalog records
• Experience with Digital Commons and understanding of copyright application to institutional repositories
For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter to Jacob Nunnally, Assistant Director of Access and Collection Services at [email protected] Please include “Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Management Librarian” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to LawSchoolJobs@hofstra.edu