Website Pearl River Public Library
Examples of Duties:
• Leads a team of professional librarians (2 FT, 6PT) in serving a supportive community of committed library users;
• Supervises and evaluates the work of subordinate professional and clerical staff;
• Participates and directs staff training and coaching;
• Manages materials and programming budgets;
• Provides excellent customer service, continually evaluates the patron experience looking for opportunities to improve services;
• Coordinates development of adult programs and services to meet community needs,
• Oversees collection development for the Adult department;
• Actively pursues outreach opportunities. Schedules and manages outreach to businesses and community organizations to promote library services, build relationships and deliver programming;
• Writes or assists with development of grant proposals;
• Arranges, directs, evaluates, presents and publicizes a broad and substantial number of programs and activities within and/or outside the library;
• Represents the library at community and group meetings and in the development of community contacts,
• Keeps informed of professional developments, library trends and technology through participation in professional organizations, system meetings, workshops, continuing education courses and reading professional materials;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2 years professional librarian experience;
• Must be reachable on Civil Service List when list is generated;
• NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate at time of permanent appointment;
• Supervisory and leadership experience;
• Proven track record implementing successful adult programs and events.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to Eugenia Schatoff, Director, Pearl River Public Library, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit rcls.org. No phone calls please..