Website Weill Cornell Medicine, Samuel J. Wood Library
Leads the library’s support for WCM’s educational mission. Provides overall education and event planning. Responsible for educational budget planning and execution, which includes LMS licensed educational content. Consults with education faculty colleagues, administration, and students regarding curricular needs, and develops evidence-based medicine, scholarly publishing and other library related courses both within, and as electives, to the curriculum. Establishes the library’s yearly educational calendar including orientations, teaching sessions, and events.
Leads library staff in the creation of innovative and effective learning materials utilizing a variety of delivery methods, including digital learning objects, web-based instruction modules, research guides, and other resources to promote and support student learning. Assists the library faculty and staff in locating resources (information, references, and images) for new courses and workshops. Acts as peer reviewer before launch of new workshops and courses.
Facilitates and teaches courses and workshops. Designs and executes educational sessions in expert literature searching, research tools and processes (e.g., Data Carpentry), and other specialized content. Develops coursework within the WCM learning management system. Serves as an instructor for workshops and consultations. Provides customized consultation services.
Contributes to needs assessment and evaluation of the library’s education services through compiling evaluations and statistics for activities, as well as performing other assessments and analyses. Develops assessment plans for the library’s instruction program to assess student learning and the impact of information literacy instruction.
Liaises with the Education Computing and Events Services units of Information Technologies & Services regarding educational technology and event planning.
Performs outreach to promote awareness of Library services and resources. Contributes to the development and maintenance of the Library’s web site, social media, and other communication mediums. Provides expert feedback from an end user’s perspective on web design and functionality issues.
Provides expert search services for systematic reviews and other intensive research projects. Communicates the principles of evidence-based practice, and develops and teaches systematic review workshops.
Provides light to medium editing services to help investigators prepare compelling grant submissions. Edits grants, manuscripts, or slide shows per grammatical convention. Provides marked up copy and comments addressing clear and concise writing, correct grammar, proper organization, and jargon-free language.Maintains any print copies of manuscripts and grants in a locked drawer to protect confidentiality of documents. Turns around grant editing requests in a timely, agreed upon timeframe.
Supports information services by answering reference questions and conducting literature searches.
Contributes to Library, WCM and NYPH planning initiatives. Participates on committees, task forces, strategic planning, and other formal engagements.
Coordinates with Resource Management for information on new and updated resources for marketing and incorporating in teaching programs. Routinely arranges promotional materials and training visits from vendors and for special events (e.g. SMARTFest and Tech Tuesdays).
Oversees reservations and set-ups of Library Computer Room and Collaboration Room and associated equipment including distribution, set-up, operation, set-up, operation, troubleshooting and return of multi-media equipment; refers requests to other Medical College departments as needed.
Supports community outreach efforts of the Library and the Medical College through event coordination, hosting, and execution. Curates and organizes two art shows per year, liaises between artists and institution for the receipt, tracking, and display of artwork and the preparation of associated promotional materials.
Contributes to library-wide planning activities and collaborates with colleagues on projects in areas of shared interest. Actively participates in appropriate library programs and services.
Manages projects to effectively and efficiently provide services.
Attends faculty and student research seminars, department-wide conference and college symposia to keep abreast of current research. Serves on college and Library committees as appropriate.
Participates in scholarly activities, including active publication. Seeks grant opportunities to fund library educational innovation efforts. Attends academic conferences, appropriately representing Weill Cornell Medicine.
• Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program or international equivalent, or other appropriate degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience in an academic medical center library, with an understanding of modern medical education, research, and clinical care.
• Demonstrated ability to apply an established instructional design process.
• Strong ability to think and act strategically, and demonstrated success at bringing concepts to realization while meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with a diverse population of faculty/staff, students, and colleagues.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technology tools/skills.
• Evidence of professional initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and a commitment to professional development.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in person and virtually using a variety of media and technologies.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, strong user-service orientation.
• Demonstrates flexibility and calmness in stressful situations.
• Has a strong sense of mission and organizational commitment.
To apply for this job please visit A complete job description can be found at https.