Website CUNY-Brooklyn College Library
Brooklyn College seeks a Manager for the Faculty Training and Development Lab (IT Technology Training Mgr.) who will supervise and develop initiatives to enhance effective use of digital technologies to support teaching and learning for both faculty and students. This includes enhancing technical skills and the management, training and promotion of cloud and vendor based tools.
Job Title: Manager, Faculty Training and Development Lab (IT Technology Training Manager)
Job ID: 22478
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Faculty Training and Development Lab (FTDL) provides faculty with access to computer hardware and software, technology support and advice, drop-in individual consultation with knowledgeable and friendly staff, and small-group workshop training in the effective use of digital technologies for teaching and learning. In addition, the manager supervises two multimedia classrooms adjacent to the Lab.
The Manager will work under general direction of the Director of Academic Computing Technologies. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, tasks include but are not limited to:
· Develop and offer a comprehensive program of faculty development and student workshops, seminars, and colloquia, including training in the use of the technology to support teaching and learning;
· Supervise and provide leadership for the Faculty Training and Development Lab staff including the hiring and scheduling of staff and interns in all three facilities. Develop and structure assignments, including the production of documentation and training materials, help-desk duty, and classroom set-ups for many different faculty members each day;
· Train staff in a wide range of technical (hardware and software) applications and train staff in how to instruct faculty in a variety of educational technology applications.
Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required.
· Experience planning and implementing training programs for electronic services for faculty and students;
· Demonstrated knowledge of computing applications in an academic environment;
· Ability to work well with people who have a wide range of skills and backgrounds, including faculty, administrators, and supporting staff;
· Effective written, oral, and presentation skills;
· Strong service ethic;
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages a portfolio of technology training programs in a variety of settings.
· Identifies technology training needs and learning objectives, and determines appropriate methods and content
· Establishes metrics/evaluative criteria for training effectiveness and outcomes
· Acquires or develops and delivers programs and related materials using various media
· Evaluates feedback and conducts post-training analyses
· Manages course administration activities
· Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select “Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, please visit
To be considered, applicants must upload the following in .doc or .pdf format:
· Cover Letter and
· Current resume
June 25, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
To apply for this job please visit urldefense.proofpoint.com.