Website Sarah Lawrence College
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising of library student workers in both the Main Library and the Music Library, including circulation assistants and pages.
• Substitutes for student workers as needed.
• Maintains the orderliness of the circulating collection.
• Assists in writing and revising the circulation manual.
• Searches and reports on missing or damaged items; identifies damaged items to be evaluated by librarians for replacement or rebinding.
• Collects and evaluates circulation statistics for service and policy evaluation, in consultation with Access Services Supervisor.
• Assists in periodic inventory/stack maintenance of all library material; identifies lost materials and areas in need of shifting.
• Monitors and processes fines billing.
• Serves regular shifts at Information Desk.
• Completes other related duties as assigned.
Required qualifications and skills:
• Strong public service orientation
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a busy academic environment
• Ability to interact successfully with faculty, students and staff
• Proficiency with computer applications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Experience managing student workers or scheduling multiple shifts.
• Academic interest in music history, music performance or musicology.
• 1-2 years academic library experience.
• Bachelor’s degree
Christina Kasman (914)395-2432