Understanding, Preserving, Sharing the Puerto Rican Experience
- Coordinate the implementation of assigned digital projects.
- Contribute to the development of digital collections.
- Prepare, digitize and conduct post-processing and quality control of archival material
- Add metadata to digital objects for access and discovery in Centro’s content management system
- Process digital images for preservation and access
- Enforce best practices for processing, quality control, content management, and preservation of digital collections according to national standards.
- Solve problems, answer questions and provide technical solutions to supervisors and staff.
- Oversee training and supervision of other project team members.
- Maintain statistics and prepare official project reports as requested.
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent. Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered such as a Bachelor’s degree plus two years’ experience involving digitization in a library, archives, or museum environment.
- Experience with digitizing archival material.
- Knowledge of archival encoding and descriptive standards (EAD, METS, MODS, Dublin Core, DACS, etc.)
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and adaptability to master and manage multiple workflows.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, make constructive recommendations, interpret and apply policies and procedures, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, prioritize, problem solve, and delegate, and monitor project cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, meticulous and accurate recordkeeping, track record of meeting deadlines consistently.
- Experience with databases and software, including Adobe Photoshop and Bridge, ArchivesSpace, and CollectiveAccess or other CMS / DAMS.
- Familiarity or knowledge of digital preservation best practices and experience handling rare and delicate archival and library materials.
- Working knowledge of copyright law and fair use.
- Knowledge of Puerto Rican history and culture preferred
- Spanish language skills preferred
To apply: Forward cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 professional references via email to [email protected] The subject line of the email should read: Digital Projects Coordinator.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com