Website Baruch College
The Newman Library of Baruch College seeks an Assistant Professor to serve as Business Librarian as part of a team of information specialists who support the students and faculty of the Zicklin School of Business.
The successful candidate will:
* Engage in active outreach to the faculty of the Zicklin School of Business, including attending open faculty meetings, teaching information literacy and research sessions in courses, assessing collection needs, keeping the school informed about library resources and services, and anticipating information needs of faculty and students due to curriculum revisions.
* Collaborate with other members of the Library faculty and staff to deliver an effective and cohesive service experience to the business school.
* Provide general reference service at the reference desk and via digital service points. The reference work schedule may require nights and weekends.
* Teach credit courses in the library’s instruction program, including courses leading to a Minor in Information Studies.
* Meet the requirements for scholarship and publication necessary for reappointment as a tenure-track faculty member.
* Maintain a record of service to Baruch College, City University of New York, and professional organizations.
* Master’s in Library Science (MLS), Master’s in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution.
* A second graduate degree is required, preferably in a business discipline.
* Fluency in discussing topics across a range of business subject areas, including accountancy, economics, finance, management, marketing, and real estate.
* Strong knowledge of information resources in business
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Teaching experience
* Knowledge of emerging library technology and trends
* Experience assessing student learning and library instruction
* Experience using Bloomberg
* Proficiency with methods of quantitative data analysis and visualization
See the complete job announcement for more details and instructions on how to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cuny.jobs.