Website Adelphi University
Assistant/Associate Dean of Libraries for Digital Initiatives
The Assistant/Associate Dean of Libraries for Digital Initiatives oversees the creation, development, and maintenance of the library’s website, evaluation and implementation of technologies that support the goals and mission of the library, acquisitions, licensing, collection development, cataloging, and electronic and print resources management in support of the library’s goal to have a robust collection that serves the library’s users. The Assistant/Associate Dean of Libraries for Digital Initiatives is also responsible for project managing implementation and integration of different information systems, as well as managing content creation and dissemination of print and digital resources. The Assistant/Associate Dean of Libraries for Digital Initiatives works to provide support for faculty, students, and staff on matters pertaining to scholarly communication and preservation and access to scholarly outputs through a digital repository and other digital means. In this leadership role, the position serves as the area expert and helps to support the Library’s strategic vision and mission.
REPORTS TO: Dean
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Administers library systems and technologies.
• Lead assessment and planning for the integration of new methods of information description, discovery and delivery mechanisms.
• Oversee the administration of Adelphi Scholarly Works, the university’s institutional repository, including collection development strategy, policy development, outreach, and technical workflows.
• Contributes to library-wide planning activities and collaborates with colleagues on projects in areas of shared interest. Actively participates in appropriate library programs and services where appropriate.
• Empower staff to make independent decisions at appropriate operational levels, holding staff accountable for successful completion of assignments, establishing workloads and procedures, providing guidance and direction, monitoring and evaluating performance, and coaching and counseling as needed.
• Align departmental planning, priorities, goals, objectives and services with strategic initiatives of the Libraries and the University.
• Work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively to promote teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness within the Adelphi University Libraries and the campus.
• Participate in library-wide planning and governance, work in a shared decision-making environment, and serve as a member of the Library’s Leadership Team and other library committees and working groups.
• Help the Libraries engage and support the academic community at Adelphi by collaborating with students and faculty in the creation of new modes of knowledge creation.
• Support comprehensive assessment and analytics reporting.
• Supervise systems personnel in implementation, maintenance, and upgrade of software and hardware platforms in support of library functions, including the library management system, the digital library, the resource sharing system, remote access proxy and authentication services, institutional repository, and others.
• Lead the development and implementation of strategies for digital stewardship by working with relevant stakeholders to ensure that projects are robust, persistent, and preserved.
• Provide leadership and support for integrating library resource discovery and access technologies into distance education, online learning, student advising and other campus systems.
• Collaborates with the Dean, other Associate Dean and the Dean’s administrative staff to develop services.
• Works with relevant colleagues to conduct assessment initiatives and reporting of data to the appropriate internal Adelphi offices as well as external agencies.
• Participates in budget planning and assessment.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Demonstrated experience with current issues and best practices in the assessment, development, and application of information technologies in libraries and higher education.
• Familiarity with utilization of information security methodologies and implementations for assessment of user activity.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, and ability to work in a collegial environment with shared governance.
• Demonstrated ability to promote teamwork and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, faculty, and staff in a complex and rapidly changing environment. Proven experience with introducing and managing change within a complex, rapidly changing organization.
• Demonstrated experience with successfully developing, managing, and completing large, complex, cross-organizational projects and programs in a library setting.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, with strong analytical skills, creative and innovative problem-solving skills, and a commitment to service excellence.
• Commitment to service-oriented library organizations and solid knowledge of the research and instructional needs of faculty and students.
• Experience in supervising and managing library staff, including all aspects of performance management, organizing workflow to accomplish established objectives, and delegating responsibility and training, as appropriate.
• Knowledge and understanding of key issues and trends in higher education and academic research libraries, including understanding of technology as it impacts libraries and higher education.
• Evidence of ongoing professional contributions in the field of library and information science.
• Master’s degree from an ALA accredited school of library/information science or any other relevant graduate degree.
• Second post-baccalaureate degree is preferred or similar proof of advanced study.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in an academic library, with 3 years or more at a supervisor level.
• Experience with the administration of library management systems, particularly the Alma/Primo VE environment.
• Knowledge of the library’s role in cultural heritage stewardship and programming
• Experience with grant development and administration
• Manager of Instructional and Web Technologies.
• Digital Information Systems Specialist (main reporting to IT)
• Administrative Assistant (shared between the Associate Dean for Research and User Engagement).
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students’ lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master’s degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2313704
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.