METRO is pleased to announce the awards for our 2017-2018 METRO Digitization Grant Program. METRO members selected to receive the grants, totaling approximately $50,000, are..
- Carnegie Hall Corporation – Carnegie Hall Incorporated Collections
- Library of The Jewish Theological Seminary – Audio of JTS Lectures, 1947-1969
- New-York Historical Society – Burr McIntosh Photographic Prints, 1900-1910
- New York Public Radio – On The Media 1993-2000
- American Museum of Natural History Library – Biodiversity Heritage Library: Enhancing Access Project
All of the projects will provide free online access to unique/rare materials in the collections of these METRO member institutions, and all newly digitized items will also be included in the Digital Public Library of America.
About Our Digitization Grant Program
Since 2005, METRO’s Digitization Grant program has awarded over $880,000 to help fund 87 projects at 54 METRO member institutions. The program supports the implementation of digitization projects among METRO member libraries and archives.
METRO’s digitization program is supported by funds from the New York State Regional Bibliographic Database Program. For more information about METRO’s digitization grant program, visit our Digtial Services page.