TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Full Time Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Walsh Library, Rose Hill
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of the Electronic Information Center the User Support Manager is responsible for supporting computer hardware, peripherals and software throughout the University libraries.
- Provide hardware and software support to library staff as needed
- Install, configure, repair and upgrade Windows and Apple computers and all types of printers and scanners.
- Build and deploy desktop images using Symantec Ghost or other similar tools
- Install and maintain VDI thin clients.
- Manage Windows updates and software upgrades on public computers.
- Provide technical assistance for events held in EIC viewing rooms, conference rooms, computer labs and the Flom auditorium.
- Manage upgrades and configuration changes to Library computers.
- Coordinate with IT Helpdesk staff and library staff to resolve technical problems in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the library’s equipment inventory and perform other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. or industry equivalent certifications required.
- Prior academic library experience preferred.
- Ability to train, motivate and oversee student assistants necessary
- Must have strong interpersonal skills; work well with others; and communicate professionally with colleagues and University community
- Experience with desktop management and security tools such as DeepFreeze, Ghost, Landesk and virus protection software such as Bit Defender and Symantec Client security is essential.
- Significant experience installing, configuring, repairing and upgrading Windows and Apple computer hardware and software, and, and all types of printers and scanners is required.
HOURS: Tuesday through Friday 8:30 until 4:30. Saturday 10:00 until 6:00
START DATE: ASAP
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
SEND LETTER, RESUME TO: Michael Considine, Director, Electronic Information Center
Walsh Library. firstname.lastname@example.org
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION