Technology Operations Manager
The Mid-Hudson Library System (MHLS), headquartered in Poughkeepsie (NY), is seeking an experienced administrator to lead and oversee the operations of an integrated library system (ILS), cataloging, and IT services. The Manager’s primary responsibilities are to work cooperatively with MHLS staff, member libraries, and vendors to administer:
- ILS Services: Innovative hosted Sierra/Encore ILS for 66 member libraries in 5 counties;
- Cataloging Services: Copy/original cataloging, maintenance of more than 650,000 bibliographic records; and
- IT Services: Help desk support for 66 member libraries, technology purchasing, and hosting member websites.
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or a Master's degree from an ALA accredited institution; two (2) years of ILS management experience; two (2) years of cataloging and classification experience; two (2) years of IT support service experience; and three (3) three years of supervisory experience.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Full Job Description at:
Hiring salary is $79,119 with excellent benefits including New York State retirement; Social Security; medical, dental and optical insurance; and paid vacation and sick leave.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications should be submitted via email and must include a letter of interest addressing each minimum qualification and a resume.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org