Reporting to the Assistant Library Director for Technical Services and Electronic Resources and working closely with other library managers, the Systems Librarian position provides technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support for traditional and emerging library software solutions and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will use a variety of technologies, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to provide the best possible experience for library patrons and staff as they seek, access, and maintain the information in our library systems. This will include first-line support as well as maintenance and implementation in a broad range of systems with primary, sustained focus on the library systems including EZProxy, LibGuides CMS, the OCLC WorldShare WMS, and others. This includes day-to-day maintenance and updates of the EZProxy system; reports, statistics and template updates for LibGuides CMS; and configuration and reporting for the WMS ILS. This position will also require significant customer service skills as this person will be heavily involved in user problem resolution and resource troubleshooting, with at least one reference shift a week required. This person in this position will have significant latitude in identifying, recommending and implementing new software solutions for the library, including improving our mobile environment, our technical services workflow, and the patron experience of our library resources.
• Basic or better familiarity with Unix required.
• Effective communication, interpersonal, organization, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting and independently in a changing environment and directly with patrons.
• Two years’ experience supporting an integrated library system, proxy server, platforms, and software in an academic library setting is preferred.
• Experience supporting web based content management systems.
• Experience preferred with: XML, RDF, metadata schemas, Serials Solutions, OCLC WorldShare, EZ Proxy, LibGuides, OCLC digital formats, and metadata standards.
• Knowledge of electronic and traditional cataloging standards (AACR2R, LC classification, LCSH, MARC formats) and familiarity with RDA and FRBR.
Master's degree earned from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Library/Information Science program.
Send cover letter and CV to Elsa Anderson, Assistant Library Director, Technical Services and Electronic Resources