Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai’s Levy Library is seeking dynamic candidates for its Reference and Instruction Librarian position. Reporting to the Assistant Library Director for Education & Research Services, this position supports the reference and instruction needs of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai community. The ideal candidate for this role will be a customer-service oriented information professional knowledgeable about biomedical resources and reference management tools.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai community in the effective use of Levy Library’s resources and services.
Participate in Levy Library’s Ask-A-Librarian service answering reference questions from students, faculty, physicians, nurses, housestaff and others within the Mount Sinai community.
Serve Levy Library’s reference management expert, assisting users through training sessions and consultations.
Design and deliver instruction sessions on literature searching, citation/bibliography management, scholarly communications, evidence-based practice, and other topics on an as-needed basis.
Serve as library liaison to Masters in Healthcare Delivery Leadership program and other departments as needed.
Maintain and enhance Levy Library website content pertaining to areas of responsibility.
Develop and maintain awareness of current trends and best practices in reference and instruction services, within and beyond the medical library community
• Strong customer service orientation
• Proficient written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Demonstrated aptitude for teaching
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Familiarity with LibGuides platform
• Familiarity with Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM) practice model
• Experience with RefWorks, Mendeley, and other reference management tools
• Experience using biomedical and interdisciplinary resources such as PubMed/MEDLINE, CINAHL, and Web of Science
• Experience using the EndNote reference management software
• 2-3 years of experience providing library reference and instruction services
MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program required
Please email cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com