Incumbent in this class performs process duties related to conducting entry-level professional librarian activities. Under the direction of the Medical Librarian, the Librarian 1 manages the day-to-day operations of functional areas within the library and access services, aligning its vision, goals, objectives, policies and procedures with those of the Academic Informatics & Technology department and the Levy Library. The Librarian I has responsibility and accountability for providing planning and direction to multiple functional areas within the department, with an emphasis on ensuring quality service for patrons. Participates in the development, recommendation and administration of division policies, procedures and processes. Recent Library School graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Demonstrated library science principles and practices; library integrated library systems, and interlibrary loan systems.
• Skills in developing, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and work flows.
• Skills in utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting.
• Demonstrated commitment to service for students, staff and faculty and willingness to actively collaborate with colleagues in the Library and across the campus community.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively through oral and written media.
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn new skills.
• Experience with integrated library systems and interlibrary loan systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively both as a team member and independently.
Minimum: some course work in MS Library Science degree from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association (ALA).
Send cover letter and CV to Jennifer Kaari, Medical Librarian, Mount Sinai West and Mount Sinai St. Luke's