**This is a temporary grant-funded position through 6/30/2018**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job & Business Academy Manager is an on-site supervisor of Queens Library’s Job & Business Academy locations providing job search training, technology training and small business support. The JBA Manager will supervise the expansion of services at multiple locations, implement programs and services to meet needs within those communities and provide vision for integrating JBA services into the general library community.
Supervision of Staff:
- Supervises JBA full-time and hourly staff including setting and evaluation of measurement criteria for major job responsibilities and strategic initiatives.
- Hires Hourly rate staff and participates in the hiring process for fulltime staff.
- Sets schedules for staff based on community needs and training calendars.
- Effectively communicates departmental and library information to staff so they can serve customers.
- Trains staff in providing job search readiness and training assistance both one on one and by teaching workshops.
- Responsible for overall coordination of JBA workshops and trainings.
- Supervises the development of training calendars for all locations.
- Primary liaison for training presenters to develop and implement training programs.
- Develops and teaches job readiness, small business, and technology training workshops.
Grants Management and Reporting:
- Oversees the implementation of applicable grants at various locations, manages timelines and ensure library and grant outcomes are met.
- Assists in drafting grant proposals.
- Oversees staff and customer use of JobMap for registration and tracking of attendance and services.
- Reports regularly to the Assistant Director of JBA on grant and customer milestones.
- Oversees staff tracking of daily attendance, program participation, success stories and other key outcomes.
- Prepares, analyses, reports, projections and evaluations of JBA services.
- Plans and executes JBA outreach and marketing for covered sites.
- Works with Marketing and communications to effectively integrate JBA services in the library’s general marketing plan.
- Serves as site point person for development of referral partnerships with organizations providing complementary services to JBA customers.
- Holds regular meetings with community stakeholders to assess community needs and plan services.
- Supervises staff outreach to the community and supports staff in distributing materials at community events.
- Provides effective access to Job and Business Academy collections and resources.
- Maintains collections management policies and procedures.
- Instructs customers on use of digital resources.
- Recommends materials based on community need.
- Recommends and refers customers to other services within and outside the library.
- Requires an ALA accredited MLS, MPA, MBA or other applicable Master’s degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years demonstrated success in supervising staff and/or coordinating services or programs.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in job readiness or workforce development required.
- Demonstrated three (3) years' or more experience providing excellent customer service to large volumes of individuals.
- Experience with managing grant programs and reporting.
- Strong organizational and management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience with client data collection software.
- Advanced computer proficiency, including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), basic HTML & CSS and the Google Productivity Suite.
- Demonstrated experience marketing social services programs through printed outreach, door to door solicitation, stakeholder development, and community events.
- Must have a passion for public libraries and providing community-based services.
ABOUT QUEENS LIBRARY:
Queens Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Innovation and leadership are the hall marks of Queens Library. Our mission is to meet the needs of the community by offering lifelong learning opportunities and ensuring there is a positive impact in the community. Queens Library fulfills its goals by embracing innovation and change. With a history of offering pioneering programs that meet the diverse needs of the most diverse county in the US, Queens Library is a place where innovation and leaders are welcomed. Queens Library a private, non-profit corporation located in Queens, New York and includes 65 service locations with 1,700 employees.
Queens Library is the proud recipient of the following awards: 2009 Library Journal, Library of the Year, 2014 ALA/Information Today, Library of the Future, 2013 ULC Top Innovators, 2013 American-Architect’s Building of the Year (Queens Library at Glen Oaks).
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to: QLcareers@queenslibrary.org and reference “JBA Manager – EXTERNAL” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer