INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR LIBRARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
Reference – Academic Library
- Spring Semester 2017 (February - May)
LEONARD LIEF LIBRARY
LEHMAN COLLEGE (CUNY)
BRONX, NEW YORK
- This is an exciting opportunity for flexible, creative library school students to gain practical experience in a dynamic, urban academic library.
- The Reference Intern will work with librarians on projects in these areas: Reference Desk Service; Research Guides (LibGuides); Video Tutorials; Communications (Signage, Brochures, Social Media).
- Part-time schedules will be arranged during Monday – Friday, 10 am to 6 pm. Interns will complete 120 hours of work during the semester.
- Required: Enrollment in the Internship course for credit at a Master’s program in library or information services.
- Preferred: Completion of courses or experience in reference and bibliographic sources, electronic resources, database searching; experience with library/ information technology; experience in an academic library; excellent computer skills.
Please send an email expressing interest, qualifications and availability, with resume attached to: