ASA College, a New York City-based, two-year, fully-accredited degree-granting institution, has multiple openings for qualified individuals to teach LIB100 Research Methods, a required, two-credit introductory information literacy course designed for second-semester freshmen and an integral part of ASA’s General Education program.
Positions are expected to be open at the following days and times for our Spring 2017 semester:
ASA’s Spring semester runs February 14 through June 1, 2017.
Founded in 1985, ASA College is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced instructor seeking additional income and teaching experience. Come and join a young, dedicated and energetic faculty as we take information literacy instruction to the next level!
• Collegial approach to instruction, including collaboration with disciplinary faculty
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver course content over a 15-week semester
• Effective classroom management skills
• Ability to work with a widely-diverse student population including first-generation and non-native English speakers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution; second Masters or Ph.D. preferred
Qualified individuals are invited to email résumé and cover letter to:
Director, Libraries & Information Literacy Programs
New York, NY
No phone calls, please.