The Director for Instructional Technology leads a creative team, responsible for the development, design and assessment of technology-based learning materials and systems for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The Director possesses a deep interest in technology-based teaching and learning, strong conceptual skills, and an excellent history of successful academic IT project completion. This is a hands-on role collaborating with faculty, students, researchers and functional partners within the School and Medical Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides core leadership for instructional technology team, leading various personnel activities, including performance evaluations and team development
- Collaborates closely with the VP of Academic Informatics and Technology in the design of academic technology-based applications developed for campus and other distributed learning environments, including the institutional learning management system (LMS)
- Participates in strategic planning for campus and distance learning programs
- Provides leadership in design and implementation of project assessment processes with formative and summative evaluations
- Provides instructional design expertise and system selection recommendations to faculty, researchers and members of the Academic Informatics and Library development team
- Provides leadership in maintaining relationships with faculty, researchers and other academic partners, continuously improving constituent satisfaction
- Works closely with peers in the collaborative process of planning, developing and implementing academic applications within a larger IT group
- Remains current with existing and emerging technologies and methodologies relevant to the job position
- Working closely with both internal and external IT partners, leads and oversees ongoing maintenance and support for assigned academic applications and/or systems
- Creates, communicates, and manages project plans and other required project documentation
- Graduate degree (PhD preferred) and background in educational technology, library sciences, distance education or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 10 years experience and a proven track record of developing a broad range of instructional technology projects with an emphasis on usability, user experience, and interface design.
- A strong track record of managing teams under specific deadlines.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Possess the ability to work with staff from all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent ability to design and develop applications targeting specific technologies and user communities
- Excellent ability to multi-task, keeping priorities aligned
- Excellent customer service and support skills
Our review of applications will begin October 1st, 2013 and accepted until the position is filled. For more information and to apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and CV directly to:
Senior Staffing Specialist
Department of Human Resources, Office of Recruitment & Staffing
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Telephone (212) 731-7570
Office Fax (646) 537-9209
Connect with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabethmnolan
Visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mountsinainyc