A passion for reading is at the core of everything we do at Success Academy. We are seeking a Director of Children’s Literature who will lead the charge across our elementary schools to ensure our actions reflect our beliefs by building and promoting a culture of reading.
Do you believe that reading is a lifelong pursuit that can set children on the path to success and fulfillment?
Are you a voracious reader who reads across genres and interest levels?
Are you passionate about getting great books into the hands of kids — and the adults who work with them?
Are you committed to exposing children to a diverse array of authors and texts that reflect their own experiences while offering a window into new worlds and points of view?
Through the careful selection of excellent children’s literature and development of network-wide literacy initiatives, this individual will ensure that our love of books and reading is at the forefront of everything we do.
Our Director of Children’s Literature should be someone who…
- Has 3-4 years of deep expertise in children’s books — from the classics to the latest trends;
- Is excited to present new books to children and can deliver passionate and inspiring books talks;
- Is passionate about getting adults excited about literature and is excited about collaborating with teachers and leaders to make this passion come alive across schools;
- Will collaborate closely with our expert curriculum writers to continually curate and update our book lists and develop resources to integrate newly published children’s literature into the curriculum;
- Will design innovative network-wide initiatives to promote love of reading across every classroom in every Success Academy elementary school; and
- Has a high level of comfort with using technology and learning new applications; and
- Eats, sleeps, and breathes children’s literature and is a tireless advocate for the power of great books!
Relevant prior experience may include:
- Experience as a school librarian or as a children’s service librarian in a public library;
- 2-3 years of teaching experience in an early childhood and/or elementary school setting;
- Experience creating successful reading programs in children’s publishing and/or bookselling; and/or
- Blogging, writing, and speaking about children’s literature.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Please apply on our website.