Are you looking for an ambitious new project where you can have a vast impact? Would you be excited to use big data for good? Do you speak the language of LOD, interoperability and data infrastructure?
Join our revolutionary project, the HUMAN Project (THP), that is poised to disrupt traditional research and transform our understanding of human life from a data-driven perspective. This is an exciting opportunity to design core elements of a ground-breaking study with a 20 year horizon.
We are seeking an experienced and versatile Data Standards Manager to work with us on a holistic, future-proof vision of how we optimise use and re-use of data, select appropriate standards and help set up a federated data model.
Key Duties and Job Responsibilities
The Data Standards Manager will be a part of the Measurement & Technology team at THP. Key responsibilities include:
Background on the HUMAN Project
The HUMAN Project is an interdisciplinary research platform that serves as a public resource for learning everything possible about the connections between our minds, bodies, and environment to enable the development of new theories, therapeutics, and policy recommendations to solve the toughest societal challenges facing us today. These goals are achieved through a partnership between the Project’s participants, the Project’s staff, and their company: Human Project Inc.
In this study we gather information at an unprecedented level of breadth and detail, ranging from health and medical data to financial tracking and social networks for a representative sample of 10,000 New York City residents over 20 years. The HUMAN Project will do for the field of behavioral science what other major projects did for their respective fields, like the Human Genome Project or the Sloan Digital Sky Survey.
More information is on the web: http://thehumanproject.org/
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience such as implementing a data standard within an organization
• A thorough understanding of linked open data, metadata and data interoperability
• Being able to navigate the legal and technical requirements for the medical and healthcare sector
• Excellent, clear written communication and a focus on end user needs
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. Preference will be given to those with degrees in a relevant field such as computer science or a quantitative field.
• Master’s degree in computer, information or library science or a quantitative field
• A ‘big picture’, agile and strategic mindset and ability to work independently
• Experience in data standards from a multitude of domains such as healthcare, Internet of Things and social sciences
• Experience in implementing or overseeing implementation of cutting edge practice for data management such as embedding provenance metadata
• Previous exposure to longitudinal research or a long-term data project
Please e-mail a CV/Resume, a short cover letter including what your favourite data standard for research is and why (max 1 page), and contact information for 1-3 references through this job posting.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Data Standards Manager for THP.