Position: Assistant Librarian
Dept: Medical Library
Status: Non Union
Shift: P/T Day - 37.5 Hours Biweekly (Flexible)
St. John's Episcopal Hospital in Far Rockaway, NY, seeks an Assistant Librarian. The Assistant Librarian will provide support to the medical students, residents, physicians, nurses, faculty and other staff at the hospital. Some of the duties include: reference assistance, information literacy instruction, cataloging, interlibrary loans, circulation of library materials, and other duties as required.
- Masters Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science (MLS/MLIS), from a graduate library program accredited by the American Library Association.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of library experience highly preferred.
- Must demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of the library field.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit resume to:
Ms. Kalpana Desai, MLS, AHIP