Reporting to the Director of Research and Instructional Services, position duties are concentrated in assisting in managing and evaluating research and instructional services and serving as librarian liaison in subject areas related to business, marketing and management on evenings and weekends. This is a full-time position. The Assistant Director’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Supervise Research & Instruction Services in the absence of the Director
- Responsible for ensuring processes are effective, regularly assessing services and recommending revisions.
- Oversee and carry out evening and weekend research and instructional services (in-person, by phone and virtually) across library locations: 1-9pm, Sunday-Thursday.
- Partner with other library units to ensure excellent internal/external customer service.
- Develop assessment strategies and actively participate and contribute to the development and implementation of library wide—and institutional—strategic planning and goals such as assessment of students’ information literacy skills.
- Generate and analyze departmental statistics, incorporating data visualization tools.
- Serve as liaison to programs within the business, marketing and management area of study by providing: outreach, instruction, research assistance, reserves and new program support, coordinating collection development, creating online guides and tutorials.
- Participate in local and national forums in order to stay current with trends regarding research and instruction services in academic libraries.
- Other duties as required.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from a four-year program
- ALA-accredited MLS
- Background or strong interest in broader social sciences with a particular focus on research data management, statistical analysis, and scholarly communication
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in constantly evolving environment and eager to facilitate innovative change
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- 3+ years experience in an academic library environment
- Master’s in relevant subject area
- Exemplary teaching skills or training experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of current technologies related to research and instruction
- Supervisory and/or project management experience
To apply for the position, please go to https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/13543 and click the Apply for this Job link/button.
The New School is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that promises diversity and tolerance in all areas of employment, education and access to its educational, artistic or cultural programs and activities. The New School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex or gender (including gender identity and expression), pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, religious practices, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital or partnership status, or any other legally protected status.