The Assistant Director for Information Resources (ADIR) will lead and shape innovative selection and acquisition management programs for information resources at HSL. Reporting to the Director for Library Operations, the Assistant Director for Information Resources will take a leadership role in the HSL’s information resources policies, assessment, strategies, and maintenance, and will work collaboratively with all stakeholders in building relevant collections. The ADIR will work closely with the Programs Director to develop and implement goals and strategies for expanding the use and impact of HSL’s collection of information resources.
This position will be responsible for coaching and mentoring, and will have supervisory responsibilities.
The person in this position will be expected to demonstrate a greater degree of innovation and to demonstrate the ability to lead change and positively enhance all aspects of HSL’s information resources development and utilization.
Minimum five years of experience in a relevant library setting, with evidence of capacity to work at a high level of responsibility.
• Deep understanding and engagement with the range of library operations, trends and practices. Advanced knowledge of scholarly communication in biomedical sciences, practices and trends in science publishing.
• Demonstrated success in engaging with colleagues and stakeholders in a similar academic setting in a collaborative and constructive fashion.
• Ability to manage projects, prioritize, develop policies, and drive library initiatives across functional lines.
• Demonstrated success in independently performing complex job functions, such as formulating policies and procedures for business practices, preparation of major exhibits, or symposia.
• Evidence of engagement in relevant professional or academic communities.
• Consistent display of excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong negotiation and presentation skills.
• Evidence of professional contribution and achievement beyond the library may be expected for this position.
• ALA-accredited degree in Library science, or advanced degree in relevant academic discipline with demonstrated understanding of academic libraries
Apply using the url link