Tanya Bonakdar Gallery is seeking organized and efficient candidates for the position of Archivist. Duties include but are not limited to:
- daily maintenance and upkeep of the digital archive, including hi-res and lo-res images, formatting and archiving all images, as well as coordination of photo shoots for new works/exhibitions.
- prepping visual materials for art fairs, both printed and iPads.
- tracking press and maintaining the digital press archive, coordinating with our press contacts, and coordinating all mass email campaigns.
- upkeep of artist's bios and bibliographies.
- rights and reproductions for all gallery artists.
- maintenance and upkeep of gallery's website.
- coordination with IT company for all computer and back-up maintenance, including some on-site support for gallery staff.
Proficiency of Mac operating systems, Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop, inDesign, Acrobat), Filemaker (ArtBase), is crucial. Candidates must have strong computer skills/ general comprehension in order to provide some on site support to gallery staff. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and be extremely organized and detail oriented, with a good work ethic and the ability to multi-task. Prior gallery or museum experience and a background in visual art or art history is strongly preferred.
This position is available immediately; salary is commensurate with experience. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.