Reporting to the Director for Library Operations, the Access Services Manager takes a leadership role in planning, assessment and administration of all functional service areas within the Health Sciences Library and the Knowledge Center.
The Access Services Manager (ASM) will manage all facets of library services, including online and in-house desk operations, Interlibrary Loan, Borrow Direct, Offsite delivery and Course Reserves. The ASM will carry out analytical work for significant aspects of the library operations, and formulate, develop and administer library policies relative to access and use for both physical and online spaces.
As complexity of access to library resources and services evolves, this position will provide continuous leadership and oversight, securing integration of all transactions into the relevant service compositions and quality throughout the entire execution.
Minimum five years of experience in a relevant library setting, with evidence of capacity to work at a high level of responsibility.
• Experience working in a supervisory or management position.
• Demonstrated experience providing reference service in a research or academic, or special biomedical library.
• Understanding of bibliographic and citation management tools
• Experience working with professional schools and departments in an academic environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge or experience with integrated library systems, such as Voyager, Serials Solutions, proxy linking, etc.
• Understanding of troubleshooting processes, specifically related to technology issues and access problems with electronic resources and privileges.
• Demonstrated understanding of library leadership and management principles as they apply to academic or research environments.
• Knowledge of health sciences and biomedical sciences as academic disciplines.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including experience with statistical analysis and modelling.
• Ability to plan, document, and complete projects. Ability to adjust priorities, take initiative, set goals, manage time wisely, and make quick effective decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Effective written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong commitment to excellence in service and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, faculty, students, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
ALA-accredited degree in Library science, or advanced degree in relevant academic discipline with demonstrated understanding of academic libraries
use the url link