The Manager of Technical Services has primary responsibility for the coordination of department acquisitions, collection development, cataloging and maintaining on-line research services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Hires, directs, manages, and evaluates Technical Services team, including a collection development analyst, systems and technical services analyst and assistants.
• Work with the Research Services Leadership Team to develop a long range strategic plan for the Dechert Research Services Department.
• Develop and manage a streamlined and centralized technical services process.
• Manage the collection in EOS or similar software; and develop a standardized firm wide approach to managing all publications.
• Works with the Director of Library and Research Services and the Accounting Coordinator to set and manage the budget on an ongoing basis. • Works with the Accounting Coordinator to develop monthly variance reports and quarterly re-forecasts. • Responsible for overseeing electronic subscriptions: trials, authentications, passwords and licenses. • Assist the Manager of Training and Outreach Services in implementing and providing instruction in the use of new technologies for the Research Service team. • In consultation with the Director of Library and Research Services and the Manager of Training and Outreach Services, participate in development of electronic resources and new technologies, including portal resources for practice groups, access to electronic publications, and knowledge management initiatives, such as West KM. • Participates in the activities of professional associations for personal development. • Manage the Research Services content on the Firm intranet. • Partner with Practice Group Directors to assist in practice group intranet pages. • Strives to fulfill Department mission and to adhere to Department and Firm rules at all times. • Practices and fosters a culture of teamwork and cooperation. • Performs any and all other duties as are necessary for the efficient functioning of the team. • Occasional travel to other Firm offices.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required. • Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited school, or equivalent degree required. • A minimum of five years’ library experience. • A minimum of three years’ library management experience. • Knowledge of Library Management. • Knowledge of Library systems. • Knowledge of budgeting. • Knowledge of the Firm’s Policies and Procedures • Knowledge of legal, business and medical print and electronic information sources and research methods • Electronic research proficiency and analytical ability • Excellent interpersonal and communications skills • Knowledge of acquisitions processes and procedures • Aptitude for detail and accuracy • Ability to manage a team of professionals • Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines • Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively • Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment • Proficiency with Excel
Miscellaneous: • The position is mainly sedentary. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to read, sit and type for sustained periods of time; to walk, stand, reach, and bend; to open and close filing cabinets and access and retrieve materials in file rooms; to lift, carry and move files or other items of light to moderate weight; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. • Normal audio and visual range needed, with or without correction. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Philadelphia, PA or Washington, DC
If interested, please apply on our career website using the following link, https://dechert.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/DechertCareers/job/Philadelphia/Manager-of-Operations–Research-Services_R-0273 .