Expanded access. Personalized benefits. Deep discounts.
METRO is New York’s leading provider of training and support for library and information professionals at every stage of their careers. Our individual membership program, myMETRO, connects individual librarians, archivists, information professionals, students, and retirees to an array of unique networking opportunities, dynamic learning resources, and other valuable benefits.
Read below for more about benefits and renewal, download the myMETRO brochure, read myMETRO FAQs, or view information about the myMETRO Advisory Council.
Important Networking Opportunities
- Social events and symposia
- Opportunities to apply for professional development scholarships
- Issues forums
- Vendor showcases
- Special members-only receptions
Outstanding Professional Development Opportunities
- Discounts of up to 20% (in addition to our regular member library discounts) on METRO workshops
- 25% discount on webinars and courses at Library Juice Academy
- Access to the METRO Job and Resume Bank, the premier online career research forum for library professionals in our area
- Discounted Resume Makeover and/or Mock Interview
- Access to METRO's webinar archive as well as online training website, Lynda.com
- Access to METRO-L, an online discussion group where METRO members post questions, commentary, and resources
- Access to myMETROsig-l, an online discussion forum just for members of myMETRO
The Resources You Need
- Free access to library referral cards
- Office Privileges at METRO
- Newsletters informing you about METRO workshops and member events
- Discounts on books from Neal-Schuman Publishers, BarnesandNoble.com, and Reed Business, publishers of Library Journal and Library Hotline
myMETRO is a great resource for just about any library professional, even if you work at a METRO member library. If you’re a librarian, archivist, information professional, student, or retiree, we invite you to join myMETRO today!
- $100 for professionals
- $50 for students, retirees, and professionals in career transitions
Apply for your myMETRO membership online now. At checkout, you will have the option to pay securely online with your credit card or by check/invoice.
Renew Your Membership
Active members will receive an email with instructions for renewal, but you can always renew your membership by clicking on the My Memberships link.
For more information, contact Tom Nielsen, Member Services Manager, at (212) 228-2320, ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.