Expanded access. Personalized benefits. Deep discounts. Join today!
METRO is New York’s leading provider of training and support for library and information professionals at every stage of their careers. Our individual membership program, myMETRO, connects individual librarians, archivists, information professionals, students, and retirees to an array of unique networking opportunities, dynamic learning resources, and other valuable benefits.
Read below for more about benefits and renewal, read myMETRO FAQs, or view information about the myMETRO Advisory Council.
- Social events and symposia
- Issues forums
- Members-only parties and receptions
Professional Development Opportunities
- Professional Development Scholarships (apply here!)
- Discounts of up to 20% (in addition to our regular member library discounts) on METRO workshops
- Discounts and scholarships for online courses at Library Juice Academy (apply here!)
- Access to the METRO Job Bank, a premier online career research forum for library professionals in our area
- Career Services Benefits, including a resume makeover, mock interview, head shot and job search and career advising (apply here!)
- Access to METRO's webinar archive as well as online training website, Lynda.com
- Access to METRO-all, an online discussion group where METRO members post questions, commentary, and resources
- Eligible to participate in the annual myMETRO Researchers project
The Resources You Need
- Access to library referral cards for research
- Office Privileges at METRO
- Discounts on professional publications like Library Journal and Library Hotline
- Discounts on selected METRO Vendor Partner products and services
myMETRO is a great resource for just about any library professional, even if you work at a METRO member library. If you’re a librarian, archivist, information professional, student, or retiree, we invite you to join myMETRO today!
Apply for your myMETRO membership online now. At checkout, you will have the option to pay securely online with your credit card or by check/invoice.
- $100 for professionals
- $50 for students, retirees, and professionals in career transitions
- $500 for lifetime membership
- $250 for a 3-year professional membership
- $125 for a 3-year student membership
Renew Your Membership
Active members will receive an email with instructions for renewal, but you can always renew your membership by clicking on the My Memberships link.
For more information, contact Tom Nielsen, Member Services Manager, at (212) 228-2320, ext. 116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.