The METRO Hospital Library Services Program (HLSP) supports the work of more than 65 hospital and medical center libraries in New York City and Westchester County. We seek to develop, enhance, and improve the delivery of health care information between member libraries and health care professionals. We use outreach and targeted support to make sure that local hospital and medical center libraries apply for any grants for which they are eligible.
METRO services to hospital and medical center libraries include:
- Information about grants and other funding opportunities;
- Continuing education, including courses offering Medical Library Association credits;
- An annual conference on current issues related to health and medical library issues; and,
- Free or discounted access to databases
To see who our members are, please check our list of participating HLSP libraries.
METRO distributes funds from the New York State Library to support acquisitions, technology upgrades and interlibrary loan services for hospital libraries.
For more information on grant funding and HLSP visit:
- Collection Development Grants support both print and electronic acquisitions. Awarded on a formula basis.
- Technology Grants fund essential upgrades in hospital library computers and other electronic equipment. Awarded on a competitive basis.
- Medical Information Services Program (MISP) covers costs associated with interlibrary loans. It is available to medical and hospital libraries as well as some non-hospital libraries with important holdings in medicine and health.
For more information on HLSP, please contact Kyle Brown.