For more information on how METRO's operations are governed, please review our bylaws.
In a time of unprecedented change in the realm of library and information services, METRO launched a strategic planning process in mid-2007 to chart the organization’s course over the next several years.
The strategic planning process focused on several key goals, including:
- Addressing critical questions about the future of METRO and our member libraries in ways that fully involve METRO’s members and stakeholders
- Identifying and prioritizing organizational challenges and opportunities
- Delineating a clear and bold vision for the organization’s future
- Developing a concise and strong strategic plan for achieving that vision
The planning process was successfully completed in late 2008 after an extensive member survey.
- METRO's Strategic Plan, 2009-2014 (PDF)
- 2008 Member Survey Report (PDF)
- Major Implications of Member Survey (PPT)
- Strategic Planning Committee members
- Professional Planning Group members.
- METRO's 1997 Strategic Plan (PDF)