This workshop in the Metadata Principles and Practices focuses on the role of expressing relationships in metadata to enhance resource discovery.
Topics to be covered:
- How the Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard maintains links between metadata and the resources they describe
- How the Semantic Web, RDF and Linked Data semantically articulate relationships between entities to aggregate metadata components and enable users to find resources related to their research interests
- The Bibliographic Framework (BibFrame) as an application of RDF and its potential as a replacement for MARC 21
- Describe the role of relationships in enabling resource acquisition
- Identify technologies for articulating relationships in metadata
- Assess the current status and potential of BibFrame as a replacement for MARC
This webinar is available to METRO and other NY3Rs members at a discounted fee of $15. Register here.
This event is sponsored by the NY3Rs Association, Inc.