This workshop covers the processes by which institutions customize existing metadata standards, exchange and harvest metadata, transform metadata from one standard to another and migrate metadata to a newer standard. Topics to be covered include:
- Metadata quality factors
- Application profiles
- The Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting
- Metadata crosswalks
- Understand why institutions want to customize metadata
- Analyze the role of application profiles in customizing application profiles
- Understand the role of XML namespaces
- Outline the process of creating an application profile
- Learn methods of exchanging, transforming and migrating metadata
This webinar is available to METRO and other NY3Rs members at a discounted fee of $15. Register here.
This event is sponsored by the NY3Rs Association, Inc.