Do you catalog? Do you plan digital projects? Do you wish to better understand the role of metadata and how it works? This 2-hour online workshop will cover the basics of metadata. Topics include:
- Defining metadata
- Outlining the purposes and functions of metadata
- List the components of a metadata infrastructure and keys to successfully launching a new metadata standard
- Understand how well formed XML provides a framework for expressing metadata in an online environment.
This class is part of a four part series entitled Metadata Principles & Practices.
- Define Metadata
- Analyze purpose and uses of metadata
- Outline a short history of metadata
- Outline components and needs of a successful metadata standard
- Identify three types of markup
- Why markup?
- List rules for well-formed XML
This webinar is available to METRO and other NY3Rs members at a discounted fee of $15. Register here.
This event is sponsored by the NY3Rs Association, Inc.