This is a two-day workshop, taking place from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Monday, February 22nd and Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016.
Here’s your chance to receive the instruction and hands-on practice you need to deliver your finding aids on the Web in a standardized format. Get acquainted with Extensible Markup Language (XML) and practice with authoring software to create an XML version of a finding aid. This 2-day workshop covers the most up-to-date version of EAD!
Upon completion of this workshop you'll be able to:
- Identify the fundamentals of Extensible Markup Language (XML);
- Recognize the structure of EAD (the SAA-endorsed standard for archival finding aids);
- Mark up a complete finding aid;
- Explore implementation strategies; and
- Practice encoding your own finding aid using EAD.
Who should attend? Archivists and others who are charged with exploring and/or implementing EAD at their institutions or who want to enhance their rsums.
Knowledge assumed for this course: Arrangement and description practice and familiarity with finding aids.
Attendance is limited to 28. Participants may be asked to share a computer.
SAA Members: $329/$379
Institutional METRO Member Employees: $369/$419
*Early-Bird registration dealine: October 17, 2015
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AT:
This event is co-sponsored by METRO and the Society of American Archivists.