This panel discussion brings together a variety of professionals involved with various web archiving projects at their institutions. They will discuss the importance and role of web archiving in the larger library and information science arena, how their work interacts with other traditional library departments, and how web archiving occurs. This will be an interactive panel open to audience questions, discussion and participation.
Who should attend?
- Librarians and archivists with an interest in non-traditional archiving and cataloging.
- Students interested in web archiving.
By the end of this program, participants will:
- Understand the growing importance of web archiving both within and beyond the libraries, museums and archives arena;
- Have a chance to discuss web archiving issues and possibilities with professionals and experts;
- Hear how web archiving can be done in academic and research institutions;
- Learn about various web archiving tools, workflows, and the larger web archiving community.
Special thanks to Christina Harlow, Metadata Assistant at Columbia University Libraries, for her great help in planning this event.
Please take a moment to review METRO's Community Expectations. Questions about registration or cancellation? Visit METRO’s Registration Info page for policies and procedures.