Speaker Bex Ahuja
Bex Ahuja is Vice President, Training Services at The Management Center. Bex loves organizing and racial and economic justice, and has an intense passion for winning progressive campaigns. Above all, Bex is passionate about helping nonprofit leaders improve their management skills. At the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Bex ...
Bex Ahuja is Vice President, Training Services at The Management Center. Bex loves organizing and racial and economic justice, and has an intense passion for winning progressive campaigns. Above all, Bex is passionate about helping nonprofit leaders improve their management skills. At the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Bex helped dozens of nonprofit organizations increase staff performance, mobilization, and fundraising through training, coaching, and working side-by-side at the ground level. Bex has played senior leadership roles in 17 winning legislative and ballot measure campaigns around the U.S. and has trained more than 3,200 people in leading grassroots organizations. Bex began organizing more than 11 years ago with NYPIRG and is too legit to quit the progressive movement. Bex holds a degree in Applied Statistics and Mechanical Engineering from Stony Brook University, and can often be found eating delicious foods in Brooklyn, NY.
This event has been rescheduled for Monday and Tuesday, May 4th and 5th, 2015. Visit http://metro.org/events/587/ to register.
This is a fast-paced and engaging training with hands-on, practical advice and tools that will help you get better results in your work. We'll cover a range of skills, representing what we think are the most important areas for managers to master--from delegating tasks, to setting and holding people accountable to clear goals, to staying organized and using your own time effectively. Exercised properly, these practices will not only make your life easier, but it will also make it easier for you to get great results.
You will learn how to:
- Be clear about what success looks like for every single person you manage
- Get 100% aligned on expectations
- Give people roles where they fully know what is expected of them, and where they can exercise autonomy and ownership over their work
- Guide people to stay on track in meeting their goals
- Give feedback so that people can learn at every step
- Hold people accountable and create a culture of growth and learning
- Grow the capacity of your team
- Improve how you work with your manager
- Manage your time and systems so that you can make the most impact
- Be a top-notch manager!
Please take a moment to review METRO's Community Expectations. Questions about registration or cancellation? Visit METRO’s Registration Info page for policies and procedures.