Information seekers interact daily with library staff to meet their information needs. Do you have the necessary customer skills it takes to engage in successful interactions with your patrons? This course helps reference staff identify necessary skill sets needed for any reference interaction whether it is face to face, virtual, or over the telephone. Additionally, you will learn how to recognize common barriers to productive reference interactions, develop techniques to overcome them, and discover how to display exemplar service to anyone visiting your library, face-to-face or virtually.
This course consists of two 2-hour sessions:
July 8th & 15th, 2013 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM EST.
- Identify the skills utilized in providing service to your patrons
- Recognize how to demonstrate customer service skills to your patrons
- Define barriers to patron interactions with librarians and staff
- Employ examples to reinforce soft customer skills
- Distinguish between elementary service and value added service for your patrons
Public service staff in academic and public libraries, as well as beginning librarians.
Registration is open to all METRO & other NY3Rs Members at an 85% reduced rate of $30. Sign up here.