This in-person webinar screening from ALA TechSource will take place at METRO.
No matter the setting, librarianship requires constant training and constant learning. Webinars -- live training sessions conducted online -- are an excellent way to provide training to people regardless of their location. They save money by eliminating the need for travel, and allow instructors to sync up with students in different time zones and different parts of the world. And because they can be recorded and archived, they're also cost-effective and handy for future reference and reuse.
In this new workshop, Dan Freeman, Online Learning Manager for ALA TechSource and ALA Editions, will give you the information you need to run effective, productive webinars that fit your needs and budget. A veteran webinar planner and coordinator, Freeman will reveal the tricks to creating an interactive, dynamic, and flexible presentation.
- Defining webinars and their benefits
- Comparing online to in-person presentations
- How to choose the right webinar platform for your needs and budget
- Shaping your content into a great online presentation
- Why librarians love webinars, and how to tailor your event for a library audience
- Assessing the effectiveness of your online training