Please note that this session is part of METRO's Library Leadership Lunch webinar series with instructor Pat Wagner. To register for this series*, please visit http://metro.org/events/334/.
A busy leader can be so distracted by big issues that they can ignore the important details. How are the people who work with you treated on a day-to-day basis? How do you conduct yourself in public meetings? Do your words and deeds reflect virtues like compassion, integrity, benevolence, and courage? What are the principles of your profession, trade, institution, or community that guide you?
- Introduction: The Times We Live In
- They Key Idea: Principles Win Trust And Support
- What Principles Do You Hold Important?
- How Do You Demonstrate Them In Decisions And Actions?
- What Are The Costs Of Supporting Principles?
- When Is A Principles A "Sacred Cow": The Sign Of A True Believer
- How Do You Become More Principled?
- Win support for big initiatives
- Seek out and work with other principled leaders
- Evaluate and remove self-limiting belief systems
*Other sessions in this series will include:
- Improving Information Exchange in Workplaces on Thursday, June 13th
- Supervisory Skills for New (and Old) Managers and Leaders on Thursday, July 18th
- What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do: Conflict First Aid on Thursday, September 19th
- After the Internet and eBooks: The Future of the Information Society on Thursday, October 17th
- Virtual Customer Service Strategies: Solving Problems Via Email, Instant Messaging, and Social Media on Thursday, November 7th.
METRO is making all six of these sessions available at a discounted package rate of $30 for members and $100 for non-members. Not a METRO member? Learn more about our individual myMETRO membership options here. Access to each live program and archived recording will be made available to all registrants.
Log-in information will be distributed to all registrants via email 1-3 days prior to the webinar. All registrants will have access to the archived recording of the webinar within a week after the live session.
METRO uses Adobe Connect for all online programs. You can test your Adobe Connect connection at http://metro.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm or get a quick overview at http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview.