This free workshop is recommended for any staff member who interacts with patrons on a regular basis. It deals specifically with presenting the NYS Digital Literacy Standards and a curriculum that will prepare staff to teach their patrons, both in classes and in one-on-one instruction, the basics of digital literacy. Included are a number of specific tools including lesson plans, instructional aids, and assessment tools.
- Become familiar with all curriculum resource materials
- Understand the goals of the digital literacy training program
- Be introduced to recommended training methods for the curriculum training
- NYS Digital Literacy Standards and Skill Sets
- Basic computer hardware including peripherals
- What is the internet and how to use it
- How to communicate using the internet
- Basics of Microsoft Word
For more information, please visit the program website at http://www.diglitny.org, or contact Mary Anne Waltz, project manager and trainer, at 518-432-6952 x106 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for the workshop, visit http://members.nyla.org/max/4DCGI/events/ConferenceList.html?Action=Find_Events.