This workshop has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
These days, it's more important than ever to have community partnerships, not only to help you reach your goals, but also to help keep you solvent! This workshop covers how and why to form alliances, and will name at least 20 ideas for community partnerships. You'll also get tips on how to approach people and get them to listen, as well as best practices and success stories. Speaker Kathy Dempsey will even do role-playing exercises with audience members to give them practice in talking to potential donors.
Who should attend:
- Anyone who needs more personal & financial support for their info career
- Anyone who wants to cultivate library champions, donors, and/or voters
- Anyone who needs ideas about what types of organizations to reach out to
By the end of this program, participants will:
- Know how to approach leaders of other organizations or businesses (or even your own)
- Know what points to make to illustrate the value of partnering with libraries
- Have ideas for various community partners and what benefits each has for the other
- Have built confidence by hearing about "the ask" and about other success stories, and by having a chance to practice their own approach and "ask"
Questions about registration or cancellation? Visit METRO’s Registration Info page for policies and procedures.